I'm getting very excited about AUTUMN: that great, great reward for having survived through the smells, the sweating, and the skin rashes of the oft-celebrated season called summer. It is finally, nearly over. Mere days away from September, I've already noticed the subtle changes: the slowly waning daylight hours, and a slightly cool, fresh feeling in the air. Perhaps it is a sign that I spent too many years in school, but as September approaches, I begin to make plans and feel ambitious again. My mind, dulled by the August sun, smog, and heat, reawakens.
Things to look forward to (in no particular order):
1. WOOL. Wool sweaters, coats, gloves, skirts, tights! And especially scarves. Scarves for everyone!
2. Red wine.
3. Hot chocolate / Hot apple cider.
4. Pumpkins, carved or baked.
5. Hearty, meaty soups.
6. Staying in and watching movies.
7. Celine and Burberry Fall 2010-inspired wardrobe improvements.
8. Bike rides.
9. Falling leaves.
10. Two turkey-themed holidays in three months.