Spring is near! Even though the first few days of Spring Forward are always painful, that extra hour of daylight (or in today's case, sunlight) is a welcome reward for those grumpy mornings. The feverish energy is building and it seems everyone on the street is sporting a smile and feeling, dare I say, a bit bold. Case in point: this evening at the grocery store while I was trying to select a jar of pickles, a fellow passing by said to me, "I can tell you are a pickle lover." It's strange what a shift in a few degrees will do to a city smothered in clouds.
Despite this bizarre encounter I am still eager and excited for this new season. Some reasons to get jazzed about spring:
- Wedge and stacked heels with no tights
- Liberty print blouses and longer hemline skirts
- Trench coats
- 3/4 length sleeves
- New plants and the start of herb gardens on the deck
- Strawberry and lemon sorbet
- Rose wine
- The return of the bicycle
- Scarves, scarves, scarves (this is true of any season, really)
- Cashmere cardigans and the magic of layering
- Listening to Give Me Just a Little More Time on repeat
This weekend I have a date with some lemon cream cheese buns, tea, and the Sunday New York Times, followed by some closet cleaning. I cannot think of a better activity to usher in the spring.