1) Don't work! This is a no-brainer. Why would you go to work on your birthday? If my birthday falls on a weekend, as it does this year, I take the Friday off!
2) Sleep in. There is nothing more decadent in the winter months than this.
3) Go out for a decadent brunch. Eggs, bacon, hollandaise, strong coffee.
4) Follow this up with breakfast-dessert: doughnuts or cupcakes.
5) If it happens to be a sunny day, bundle up and go for a refreshing bike ride.
5) Regardless of the weather, go to a matinee. This is my favourite thing in the whole world to do. Eat popcorn and Junior Mints. I'm thinking A Dangerous Method.
6) Buy a bunch of favourite magazines and read them while lying on the floor and listening to records.
7) Go out for an amazing dinner - for me this usually means Italian. Warm, comforting pasta, red wine, burrata, olive oil, cracked pepper....amazing.